katiefranke

Katie's Books

New to BookLikes and saving my place while I get my books in order...

Collide: The Secret Life of Trystan Scott (Volume 1)

Collide - H.M. Ward There are elements I like but also bits I don't. It is a bit too YA for me...I keep saying that lately as I'm drawn into reading YA books but then wonder why once I'm reading them as I don't like high school melodramatics! However, I guess this isn't too bad.

We find out the basic backstory for the setting of the characters and their lives, but not a lot happens in itself...its keeping me reading but I do find the different POV occasionally jarring. We relive a lot of the events through both POV, but it means no sooner have we come to the end of a certain part we switch POV and go over it all again. On the one hand its good to hear from both POV but on the other, it means its actually very short, but everything is written twice to cover both POV, and it interrupts the flow of the story to go back over the same section rather than carrying on to the next part, which is a bit distracting in places...in other places it does actually work.

Its left on a bit of a cliffhanger and I think I will read the next piece. Although I feel a bit cheated that so little happened in this one.