katiefranke

Katie's Books

New to BookLikes and saving my place while I get my books in order...

Third Grave Dead Ahead - Darynda Jones Another great book in this series - I am really enjoying it. It's actually quite rare lately that I want to read books in any series one after another and not get bored and still want to go straight onto the next. But this is one that I can't wait to get my hands on the next book.

There were some interesting developments in the story this time around and some unexpected events at the end. I don't want to give anything away but that was a pretty good ending!

We don't get much further (although things do change a little), with Charley's love life. I hope something more solid develops in the next in the series one way or the other. I had really hoped we would see more interaction/flirting between Charley and Garrett, but alas, it wasn't to be. Although we did have 'something' develop with a biker-gang leader...it didn't feel real though, it was all a bit 'thin' and under-developed, so I'm not really sure where the author is going with that.

I am really enjoying this series, but I am getting to the point where I am feeling like the overall plot is being dragged out and am impatient to get more info, or I will get bored and not care, if it goes on much longer.

I don't know if it was because I was tired when starting the book, but whereas in the previous two the humour didn't seem overly forced (although a couple of places were a little over-the-top/trying to hard), in this one I kind of felt a little like it took a bit of time to get into and it was maybe a bit fake.

Despite a few niggles though, overall this was again fast-paced and filled with the trademark humour of this series.