katiefranke

Katie's Books

New to BookLikes and saving my place while I get my books in order...

Dark Lover - J.R. Ward I didn't review this first time around when I read it a couple of years ago and I have decided to take my time and read the whole of the series again over this year to tide me over until the long awaited Lover at Last, released next March (2013).

This time around I will be reviewing them all properly.

I couldn't remember quite what this was like but I seem to remember thinking that although it was really good and the beginning of my love affair with the BDB series, I didn't enjoy it as much as the next couple in the series.

Starting off, it seems to be well-written and pretty fast-paced, even though we have to be introduced to loads of characters initially and the story needs to be set up.

However, I did think it was a bit stupid the way that Wrath first approached Beth. Why didn't he just introduce himself to her like a normal person would initially?!

I also don't really get why Beth would be so hot for Wrath and have sex with him that second time he came to her apartment, when she crapped herself the first time he appeared and had to be mind-wiped!