katiefranke

Katie's Books

New to BookLikes and saving my place while I get my books in order...

Bitten - Kelley Armstrong I really enjoyed this book - I haven't read anything by Kelley Armstrong before, although I have read a LOT of paranormal romance, so I didn't know quite what to expect.

I found that I really liked her writing style and whilst it was first person, I was drawn in right from the beginning. The whole book is pretty fast-paced with a lot of things going on and I didn't really feel it dragging anywhere.

My only criticism is that I found it slightly 'brutal' if that makes sense...just something in the way the characters felt about the 'humans' was a little uncomfortable - but perhaps thats what was being aimed at.

I also found that whilst there was obviously a love story going on throughout which was quite well done, there was just something slightly missing in the way the relationship/feelings were conveyed...but i can't quite put my finger on it - perhaps it was due to only having first person narration?

It also ended slightly abruptly and without feeling that satisfying, so unfortunately it was a little bit of an anti-climax after the book was engrossing...but then I guess that's to entice us to read the next book in the series which I will definitely be reading soon!