katiefranke

Katie's Books

New to BookLikes and saving my place while I get my books in order...

Easy - Tammara Webber This was a good read - heroine who grows throughout the story to be much stronger and quite likeable by the end, some strong subjects addressed in the story, a great best friend (Erin), a gorgeous and kind tortured hero and a sweet relationship which develops realistically throughout the book :)

I immediately got drawn into the story and was really enjoying it - but early on I was a bit worried that the assault at the beginning was just being used as a plot device to make the hero look good, as it isn't really addressed at all to begin with. However, as you carry on reading you realise that it hasn't been ignored and the issue is addressed relatively well, including how others react throughout all the variations from unfailing support to disbelief. Once I knew this was being addressed properly it allowed me to really enjoy the read - if it hadn't been tackled right, it would have really put me off.

I loved reading the email exchanges between Jacqueline and her tutor...they were nothing wonderful, but knowing the characters, you can read between the lines on what is said and they just made me smile.

I had a couple of niggles with things between Jacqueline and Lucas, but I could overlook these for the overall story.

Oh and although this is set around people aged around 18-20 I'm guessing and they are all at college so there are references to usual college antics, this wasn't a young adult story with lots of silly behaviour at all - so this is probably NA I guess as a category. I enjoy NA done well. I found it similar in level to [b:Wait for You|17314430|Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)|J. Lynn|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1363819713s/17314430.jpg|23981243] - the issues addressed are similar to an extent but "Easy" goes a different way with it.